Raw beef liver ban, the million dollar pine tree, and Cow Appreciation Day!
Top 10 Moos on Japan from Twitter July 5, 2012
By Guest Blogger @JapanLite
1. Japan Lite: The toad tax and other ways to raise money via @japantimes_life
2. Japan Lite: The Rainy Season–It’s Vile, it’s Disgusting, it’s Wonderful! via @japantimes_life
3. I pride myself on being an adventurous eater. But raw liver? Seriously? @WilliamPesek
4. Japanese city tries to save dying “miracle pine” via @srj711 @zonjineko
New Facebook page for “miracle pine tree,” city hoping to raise $1 million via @melanie_brock @AkikoFujita
5. Book Review: “Tomo”: A young adult fiction anthology via @Tokyo_Tom_Baker
6. She sings, she dances, she’s … not real via @Reuters
7. Pachinko Parlor statistics Japan: Prefecture Comparisons–Which prefecture do you think has the most pachinko parlors?
8. Sports: Nadeshiko eye Olympic redemption
10. Japanese language: Japanese character: Inviting the Sun via @dosankodebbie @totally_relaxed
INTERNATIONAL BOVINE NEWS
11. Chick-fil-A to give free meals to people who dress as cows in order to celebrate Cow Appreciation Day, July 13
This week’s quote: All good things are wild and free–Henry Thoreau via @greatgagagod